Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Being Honest with Myself

Greetings! Very excited to finally start blogging. I'm a bit behind the times, but better late than never. Decided on a food blog since I love to cook and bake -- well, sort of. If I'm honest, I think I'm more in love with the idea of cooking and baking since I actually do it very rarely. As I'm reading through Eat, Live, Run and SmittenKitchen, I imagine myself spending hours in the kitchen making delectable recipes with grace and ease.

And, then I get home after a long day at the office, grill a chicken breast and microwave some veggies and call it a night. Maybe I'll put some barbecue sauce on the side if I'm feeling adventurous.

We've all been there. It's just tough putting a meal together after a busy day - can't even imagine what it will be like once kids are in the picture! I'm hoping this blog will challenge me to try new recipes and expand my repertoire in the kitchen. My goal is one post per week highlighting a new recipe I've tried. Plus, I need an excuse to use all those new kitchen gadgets we received for our wedding! Can't WAIT to use the 5.5 quart Staub dutch oven.

Looking forward to sharing my home cooking journey with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment